“We want to create a future where both girls and boys build solutions for tomorrow, inspired by the UN Global Goals.”
ICE-Bots holds STEAM + Robotics Hackathons. They are fun, 5-6 hour events that introduce participants to a key science, technology, engineering and math (STEAM) challenge during the day or after school hours.
A hackathon is an event where people come together in a short amount of time to solve a problem.
During our hackathons, girls and boys are asked to create a new product related to a UN Global Goal and convince others that it is a brilliant idea.
- Girls and boys will be part of a team of 2-4 people.
- 10 years or older.
- Each team gets a piece of cardboard to present their ideas.
- There will be guidelines to help the girls and boys make 1-3 sales pitches for their products.
- Start with a question. What is the problem to be solved?
- What is the solution?
- Why is it unique?
- Who should buy it? (your market)
- How much should it cost?
- What do you want us to do for you?
- At the end of each day, each team is given 3 minutes to present their ideas to the public.
If you want to participate in The Robotics journey, participation in 2 x Robothons is mandatory to get acquainted with Robotics, the method of how a project is developed and to get to know other participants.
We hope that the 17 SDG help you think about changing the way to think about a project. And we use them as a guidance for projects.